HIGHVERN is bound by Jersey’s data protection legislation and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information HIGHVERN may collect from you, or that you provide to HIGHVERN, will be processed by HIGHVERN.
Please read the following carefully to understand HIGHVERN’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how HIGHVERN will treat it.
HIGHVERN may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, date and time of your visit, operating system, browser type, the URLs of websites that referred you to the website and the path that you take through the website. This is statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
HIGHVERN may use and/or process personal information held about you for any reasonable purpose including but not limited to the following:
- to provide you with information on products and services that ma be of interest to you
- complying with anti money laundering and counter-terrorist financing legislation
- discharging internal conflict of interest checks
- responding to any request that you make
HIGHVERN may disclose your personal information to any participating member of the HIGHVERN group of companies where such disclosure assists in the performance of its services. HIGHVERN may also disclose your personal information to third parties where those third parties are contracted to assist HIGHVERN to deliver HIGHVERN’s services.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access and any access request may be subject to a fee to meet HIGHVERN’s costs in providing details of the information HIGHVERN holds about you. You acknowledge and agree that HIGHVERN may discharge its obligation without providing copies of all or any personal data. You have the right to get any inaccurate information about you corrected.
HIGHVERN will keep all personal information which is not publicly available confidential unless:
- you consent to disclose of information;
- it is required to disclose it under any applicable law or pursuant to an order of a competent court, government department or regulatory authority;
- it is required to disclose it for the purposes of any legal or regulatory requirement binding on it;
- such disclosure is necessary or appropriate in the course of any report under applicable anti-money laundering/countering terrorist financing legislation, anti-bribery/anti-corruption legislation or automatic exchange of information regulations;
- it considers that such disclosure is necessary in order to defend itself against any claim threatened or brought against it by any person; or
- it is working with other advisers on your behalf and, in its opinion, it necessary, desirable or appropriate to disclose information them in furtherance of the provision of its services, unless you expressly instruct it otherwise.
This website contains links to other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that HIGHVERN does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites and are used to make websites work efficiently and to improve the user experience. They also provide site owners with some information. All information these cookies collect are anonymous.